WINDMILL: Trip to Branson reminds us how great the U.S. is
Following last year’s five-day trip to this mecca of country music, about 90 folks from throughout Central and West Texas joined Tracy Pitcox of Brady and members of the Heart of Texas Country Music Association last week for an encore.
Our tour group was treated to more than a dozen country music concerts or variety performances, including Jim Stafford, Moe Bandy, Buck Trent, Barbara Fairchild, Shoji Tabuchi, Yakov Smirnoff, Pretty Miss Norma Jean, the Rankin Brothers, Alan Edwards, Odessa native Ricky Boen and Texas Mud, and Dolly Parton’s Dixie Stampede pageant.
Read the entire story here:
Branson promotes 50 years of shows
The sounds of live country music and comedy have been echoing across the Ozark Mountains for 50 years, and local officials are making certain that residents and visitors know that.
“It’s something we are very proud of,” said Branson Mayor Raeanne Presley, who is also co-owner the Presley’s Jubilee.
“As a city, we want people to know about Branson’s musical history.” Banners lining 76 Country Boulevard read “Branson celebrating 50 years of live music shows.”
For the rest of the story click here:
Branson Shows Stretch Family Vacation Dollars
Branson, Missouri, wants people to have fun with their economic stimulus check by vacationing in "The Live Music Show Capital of the World.” A new, innovative Branson promotion offers visitors two free show tickets just for bringing a copy of their stimulus check, or proof of direct deposit, to Branson/Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce. Since only a copy is required, the checks can still be cashed by some national stores to take advantage of their stimulus plan promotions; thus check recipients have two ways to “cash in” for each tax rebate check.
Shows participating in this promotion include 50's at the Hop, Yakov Smirnoff, Dick Clark"s American Bandstand Theatre, The Happy Trails Theater featuring Roy Rogers, Jr., The Baldknobbers, Buck Trent, Dolly Parton’s Dixie Stampede, Kirby VanBurch, Grand Country, Jim Stafford, New Shanghai Circus, The Shepherd of the Hills, Magnificent Seven, The Duttons, Island Fire, Hamner Barber Variety Show and many more. A complete list of shows offering two free tickets and the complete promotion guidelines, follow this article.
“Branson is furthering national retail value-added programs, such as those announced by Sears, Lowes and K-Mart, by adding activity and entertainment to a family vacation at no additional cost,” said Ross Summers, President/CEO, Branson/Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce and Convention & Visitors Bureau.
While in Branson, you can enjoy more than 100 live shows offering a variety of Pop, Patriotic, Rock ’n’ Roll, Gospel, Motown, Big Band, Irish and Country music, as well as Broadway-style productions, magic, comedy, and acrobatics. There are shows that feature the songs and dances of the ’50s, ’60s and ’70s, and shows that pay tribute to legendary performers such as Red Skelton, Elvis, the Eagles and even The Beatles.
Ticket Distribution Guidelines
Recipients of U.S. Government-issued economic stimulus tax rebate checks or direct deposit distributions are eligible to receive a voucher for two free tickets to a Branson show.
To qualify, recipients must bring a copy of their U.S. Government-issued check or proof of direct deposit to the Branson/ Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce and Convention & Visitors Bureau, located at the southwest corner of the junction of MO State Hwy. 248 (Shepherd of the Hills Expy.) and US 65 in Branson, MO 65616.
Tickets will be distributed in a random format. Upon presenting a copy of the check or proof of direct deposit, the recipient will draw an unmarked envelope from the official Chamber ticket distribution box.
Inside each unmarked envelope will be a voucher for 2 tickets from a Branson show. Recipients will then go to the show's box office to exchange the ticket voucher for actual show tickets.
No other exchange of ticket vouchers is permitted.
OFFER ENDS JULY 31, 2008.
Shows participating are listed below:
1. #1 Hits of the 60's
2. 50's at the Hop
3. Acrobats of China featuring the New Shanghai Circus
4. Amazing Pets at Grand Country Music Hall
5. The Baldknobbers Jamboree
6. Branson Blues Late Night
7. Branson's Dueling Elvis Contest
8. Breakfast with Mark Twain
9. Breaking Up Is Hard to Do, a Musical Featuring the Songs of Neil Sedaka
10. Brett Family Morning Show at Legends Family Theater
11. Buck Trent Morning Show at Grand Country Music Hall
12. Celebrate America at The Mansion
13. Comedy Jamboree at Grand Country Music Hall
14. Country Tonite at the Oak Ridge Boys Theatre
15. Dalena Ditto Country Variety Show at the Oak Ridge Boys Theatre
16. Dick Clark's American Bandstand Theatre
17. Dixieland Breakfast Show at The White House Theatre (breakfast can be added for a charge)
18. Doug Gabriel Show at the Jim Stafford Theatre
19. The Duttons
20. Elvis and the Superstars
21. Elvis in the Morning
22. Grand Country
23. Grand Jubilee at Grand Country Music Hall
24. Hamner Barber Variety Show
25. Hank and Patsy Together Again
26. The Happy Trails Theater featuring Roy Rogers, Jr.
27. The Haygoods
28. The Hughes Brothers
29. Island Fire at the Dutton Family Theatre
30. Jim Stafford
31. John Wayne and America's Yodeling Sweetheart
32. Justin Flom’s Imaginary Theatre & Magic Parlor
33. Kirby & Bambi VanBurch Show
34. Legends in Concert
35. Liverpool Legends at the Starlite Theatre
36. Loretta Lynn Tribute
37. Magnificent Seven Variety Show at The White House Theatre (dinner can be added for a charge)
38. Mark Lowry Show
39. Mickey Gilley
40. New's Country at the Little Opry Theatre at IMAX
41. Penny Gilley Show featuring Jeff Brandt at RFD-TV The Theatre
42. The Promise at The Mansion
43. Rankin Brothers at Welk Resort Theatre
44. RED at the Mansion
45. Red, Hot, and Blue!
46. Ricky Boen and Texas Mud at Hamner Barber Theater
47. The Shepherd of the Hills Outdoor Theatre
48. Tony Roi's Elvis
49. Yakov Smirnoff